Rizkly Cybersecurity Compliance Blogs
Rizkly Helps Your Compliance Project Succeed
Here’s Where They Typically Fail
Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) projects can bring unparalleled benefits to an organisation when implemented and used correctly. Business cases for companies implementing or upgrading their GRC tools tend to focus on reducing the costs of compliance and user administration and, of course, improving internal controls. However, even with a well-defined benefits realisation plan in hand, many companies fail to meet their objectives. Why is this the case? How can companies overcome these challenges and ensure that their GRC project will deliver the expected benefits?
Business cases for companies implementing or upgrading their governance, risk and compliance (GRC) tools, tend to focus on reducing the costs of compliance and user administration.
However, to realise the benefits of cost reductions, increased efficiency and improved controls, the right technology must first be selected and then embedded into the business and compliance process, and the technical aspects must be implemented to a high standard.
Richard Hunt, Turnkey Consulting
Rizkly experts will advise, guide and review hardware and software technology changes to ensure that they address specific compliance controls but we do not perform the actual implementation work. Over the years, we have a developed a trusted ecosystem of partners who offer effective and affordable solutions to expedite remediation of security and compliance gaps. We will gladly refer you to appropriate partners if and when the need arises. Creating policies, procedures and other artifacts are also a key part of compliance remediation efforts and these are activities that our advisors do perform using powerful Rizkly features for policies and procedures.
Rizkly cybersecurity compliance advisors will work with you through the entire lifecycle of your compliance initiative. We will scale up/down depending on specific need, and we co-create our involvement in the early stages of the project. Typical project activities include:
- Gain an understanding of your business, your clients, your system(s), and your anticipated compliance requirements
- Educate your team members on compliance requirements, how to leverage the Rizkly app and what will be expected throughout the effort
- Develop the system ‘boundary’, and what will be in scope for compliance purposes
- Draft a system architecture diagram that clearly depicts the system boundary
- Review existing documentation and work with your team members to understand system and process specifics
- Perform a high level gap assessment to determine what controls are in place and operating effectively, and where there are gaps
- For each gap determine a detailed plan of action to remediate
- Collaborate as needed with personnel (staff and/or your vendors) during remediation.
- Provide advisory support, develop documentation, design controls, review evidence, audit prep, etc.
- Ensure that all artifacts and control implementation statements are effectively captured in Rizkly
- Educate your team on how to leverage Rizkly to generate audit-ready documentation such as SSPs, POAM reports and SPRS scoring
- Post-remediation ensure that all controls are in place and operating effectively